4:30...AM!

4:30AM. That is the time that i have been waking up every morning since receiving Silas' referral. I don't always stay awake but I do always say a prayer for him as soon as i wake up. 11:30AM. That is the time in Ethiopia that it is when i am saying these prayers. I wonder if this is at all significant. I guess i will learn for myself soon enough since WE PASSED COURT ON THE FIRST GO! From what i hear this is somewhat unusual. I totally anticipated Christy from AGCI calling to tell me that we were delayed. With all the changes in Ethiopian adoption law lately i suspected it and even had a speech prepared in my mind to lighten the blow and keep myself from getting emotional on the phone with our poor caseworker. But instead, it was a joyous occasion and one that I will not soon forget. I planned a picnic with one of my best friends, Betsy, and her brood of kids, so that i would be distracted while waiting for the call. I got everyone loaded up and in the van and of course was running late AND needed gas in the van. While i was pumping gas Ava started banging on the window. This not an unusual occurrence, i ignored her at first. But then i heard her say, "Your phone!" My heart started racing and i managed to open the door and grab my phone on the last bit of ring tone before voicemail. Thank you my sweet little busybody Ava-Bell! Thankfully, Christy is a smart caseworker and knew not to even attempt small talk, she just said, "Well are you ready to be a mom again? I hope so, b/c you have a new baby boy!" Such. Good. News! Once again, we continue to marvel at the work of the Lord and his favor on us in this adoption. We continue to pray for Silas' complete and total healing from the Tetanus are believing in the God of Restoration. We are waiting for some more paperwork (again praying over paper, see previous post), and should receive tenative travel dates in the next two weeks.

On to some additional exciting news. A few weeks ago we sent out a Facebook message to everyone we knew appealing to people asking them to consider supporting our fundraising for travel expenses to Ethiopia. We were doing pretty well saving little by little but when we received Silas' referral so much earlier than anticipated it kinda threw the adoption budget for a loop. So in faith we sent out this message hoping that people would be able to give just a little to help. As of this evening, generous friends and family have given $1860 to help us bring Silas home! How AMAZING is this?!!! We are just so in awe of the generosity of people. Many of these people may never even meet Silas. Friends from high school that i haven't seen in years have sent in donations. An old friend today sent me a message to let me know that her little elementary aged girls picked up pine cones in their yard this weekend to earn money to help "the baby in Ethiopia." I keep telling people that i cannot wait to tell Silas about each one of the people who gave to help bring him home. They are each a part of his story. And our family will never be the same. We are better people for having experienced such generosity. Lord, forgive us for ever doubting that we could afford international adoption. You are not bound by any earthly thing.

There is one other fundraiser that we are working on that is VERY exciting and let's just say those who choose participate will reap GREAT benefits! That is all i am going to say for now but stay tuned for further details! ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ One More Time Again... | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger